- Express, Koa
- Software Architecture
- Automated Testing
- CSS, SCSS, CSS-in-JS
- Webpack/Build Tools
- Modern PHP
- Remote Work
- Technical Leadership
- API Design
Senior Software Engineer
2018 – present, Formidable Labs
- Served as the full-stack architect on an international B2B ecommerce system for a multi-national life sciences corporation.
- Introduced automated testing and continious integration.
- Participated in the hiring pipeline and mentored junior engineers.
- Contributed to popular open source projects.
- Mentored junior developers on code quality and best practices.
Senior Software Engineer (2015)
Lead Developer (2016-2018)
2015 – 2018, Dealer Inspire
- Modernized and led development of a live chat product ("Conversations") serving the automotive industry.
- Architected a hybrid Node and PHP based API used by various front-end applications, including web, iOS, and Android applications.
- Developed a React-based live chat SPA for use by automotive dealerships.
- Created a React-based embedded live chat widget in use on hundreds of automotive dealership websites, including deep integration with IBM Watson for chatbot functionality.
- Performed code review and mentored junior developers on code quality and best practices.
2015 – 2016, Internet Retail Connection
- Served as a technology advisor and mentor to company leadership and employees as I transitioned away from the company.
Founder and Head Geek
2003 – 2015, Internet Retail Connection
- Created, maintained and scaled custom eCommerce system, including front-end websites and back-end inventory and order management systems which generated revenues of over $50 million since 2004.
- Administered Red Hat Linux and CentOS Linux servers with an Apache/MySQL/PHP environment.
- Integrated internal systems with external vendor systems to automate inventory, ordering, and customer service.
- Developed interfaces for various external APIs, including Amazon, Facebook, UPS, USPS, FedEx, eBay, Cybersource Fraud Scoring, & Chase Paymentech.
2004 – 2005, NetShapers, Inc.
- Coordinated and developed web-based software (PHP, MySQL) for clients of NetShapers.
- Created affiliate websites using data mining techniques to parse merchant data files.
Internet Development and Marketing
2003 –2005, BBQGuys
- Created and managed affiliate program, generating new monthly revenues of $50,000.
- Managed data feed integration with Amazon.com.
8 Directed marketing strategy, including e-mail marketing and search engine optimization.
Information Systems Manager
2002 – 2003, AllBrands.com
- Designed, developed and implemented various web-based intranet applications to streamline company operations
- Assisted in the conversion of a large, static website into a more manageable database-driven dynamic website
- Created real-time, database-driven reports for company management
- Upgraded and supported Windows 2000/UNIX server and network
- Managed $100,000 annual pay-per-click search engine advertising budget
- Introduction to React with Redux (Acadiana Software Group)
- Writing Readable Code (Dealer Inspire Company Summit)
- Automated Testing (Dealer Inspire Company Summit)
- Build Better APIs (Lightning Talk)
Louisiana State University
2003, Summa Cum Laude
Bachelor of Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, Music
I work remotely from Lafayette, LA and am not interested in relocating. The best way to reach me is email@example.com.