In the spirit of “fall” (even though it’s 90 degrees outside today), I decided to make something new for my post-workout lunch. I’m generally aiming for high carbs and protein on workout days. I love oatmeal. I love pumpkin pie (actually, just pie in general). I need protein to retain my muscle while I continue to diet. So thus here we go:
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk (you could sub water or regular milk)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (from a can)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 packets truvia (or splenda, sugar, etc)
- 4 tablespoons sugar free syrup
- 1 scoop Any Whey unflavored protein powder.
Come on, it’s oatmeal. How hard do you think it is? Mix it all up, heat until boiling, then reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes, then take a bath in it.
Keep in mind this makes a HUGE bowl of oatmeal and will keep you full for 6-8 hours.